#MondayMotivation has got us thinking at Zest 2 Recruitment… does having a tidy desk equal a tidy mind?
Quite simply, we believe it does.
However, upon looking into some research about the topic, we can see there is a clear divide as to whether the clutter is constructive, or the dust is destructive!
We have put our thoughts together and listed below some of the main reasons we believe that keeping your workspace clean, is something we should all be doing…
- First Impressions – We all know that you never get a second chance to make a first impression, so we should all make sure that whenever the unexpected happens, and a client visits your office, or the dreaded management make an appearance, at least our desks look in order (even if we don’t!)
- More Efficiency – How can we work to optimum efficiency if we can’t see our keyboards under paperwork? This one goes without saying really, if everything is in order then it should be easier to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Hot Desking – This is a situation that actually occurred here at HQ recently. A remote member of staff decided to come into the office and work for a few days, this timed in with someone else who was absent so naturally, they were offered their desk. Having to clean the desk in question before using it, probably wasn’t high on their agenda for that day!
- Health – Not much to add to this other than, breathing in dust and crumbs all day cannot be good for our health. Not to mention the germs on computer equipment. (Yuck!)
- Security – This may not apply to all industries and we are aware that most companies should now be paperless however, leaving sensitive documents all over the place can be detrimental and with the new GDPR rules, we shouldn’t be seeing names and numbers on post-its!
Please let us know if you think there is any other pressing points that make the case for cleaning our desks! You can get us on www.zest2recruitment.com or please feel free to leave a comment on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter.
#TidyMindTidyDesk #Zest2Recruitment #Zest2Rec #Recruitment #WashYourDeskYouFilthyAnimal